Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Øygarden 31 December 2012 - Disappointing

Slightly less wind and a lot more rain today.

Hard going to get much new in - failed for the vast majority of things I tried for.

Starting in the south of Øygargen I covered a few localities on Toftøy but only added Crested Tit toppmeis, Wren gjerdesmett, Goldcrest fuglekonge and Common Crossbill grankorsnebb here - in other words nothing special.

Things continued in the same vein at several other localities. I gave up my plan and headed to Hjelme West in order to save the day. This turned out to also be a dismal failure but I did add Sparrowhawk spurvehauk here.

A last ditch effort to save the day at Solberg proved successful - a nice Great Northern Diver islom on the sea here may have been the only one seen in Hordaland during the three day bird race. A couple of Velvet Scoter sjøorre were also present here.

So after two days 41 species is pretty disappointing -  hope for a better day tomorrow.

No comments: