Sunday, February 01, 2015

Ono, Rong 01 February 2015 - Snow Bunting and Northern Lights

Clear and sunny with a northerly breeze

Ono was generally fairly quiet with just the small numbers of the usual species of duck and a few White-tailed Eagles havørn. However, a nice male Snow Bunting snøspurv was a nice surprise and gave cracking views.



Above and below - male Snow Bunting snøspurv



I'd left my proper camera in the car (!) and only had my latest "point and pray" to hand - the results were surprisingly good....


Northern Lights nordlyset as seen from my living room last night


Last night the same camera was used to take a few pictures from my terrace at Nautnes - with the slowest possible shutter speed I could manage (8"). I've yet to find out about all the functions - better luck next time perhaps?

No comments: