Thursday, December 08, 2016

Nautnes 07 December 2016 -. Welcome home

A dull and wet day.

Spent most of the day catching up on stuff that has built up whilst I have been away and didn't really get out.

First bird I saw from my terrace this morning was a White-tailed Eagle havørn keeping a very close eye on a hunting Otter - in fact I suspect the eagle had already stolen the otter's catch by the time I got onto it. This was closely followed by a Little Auk alkekonge feeding in front of the house.

The Grey Heron gråhegre roost at Dåvøy has now increased to at least 38 birds - showing that Øygarden is a popular wintering location for this species.

Velvet Scoter sjøorre at Heggøy

Other birds seen today included a few Velvet Scoter sjøorre at Heggøy and three adult Whoopers sangsvane at Tjeldstø.

Hopefully there will be more time to get out and about tomorrow......

No comments: