Monday, October 01, 2018

Øygarden 22-23 September 2018 - A late update....

On 22 September there were strong winds from the west so I took a late trip to Skogsøy and seawatched for just over an hour. Nothing remarkable seen but 150 Gannets havsule heading north, a couple of Fulmar havhest, several Kittiwake krykkje, 5 Red-throated Diver smålom heading south and three Guillemots lomvi north were seen.





Inevitable Gannet havsule spam

Red-throated Diver smålom


A Peregrine vandrefalk hunted over the house on my return.

Common Sandpiper strandsnipe on the road near my house - a sure sign of the conditions - normally seen on the shore in front of the terrace.....


Oystercatcher tjeld at Hellesøy

Rosefinch rosenfink at Hjelme - patience pays off.


On 23 September I briefly visited a few sites in the north of Øygarden. At Sæle I picked up a Grey Wagtail vinterle, a Chiff-chaff gransanger and a few Blackcap munk among other things. At Hjelme I caught up with the long-staying Rosefinch rosenfink and had a variety of other species including Woodcock rugde and Blackcap munk.

No comments: