Thursday, March 19, 2020

Tjeldstø 18 March 2020 - Another neck ringed goose

Another day of not really being out. Computer time is just increasing, despite (or because of) the lack of work.

Lesser Black-backed Gulls sildemåke at Tjeldstø

Two LBBG sildemåke at Husvatnet, Tjeldstø were the first proper returning individuals of the year - my previous record this year was a freak winter occurrence.

UN7 - another neck ringed Greylag grågås among the returning birds.

I have yet to connect with "Veejay" (Greylag VJ3) myself although he has been seen in the area. Today I managed to read two neck rings despite not even having my scope with me. One of them was UK3 which turned up earlier, the other was a new bird - UN7. This too was ringed at Kårstø, presumably during moult, last summer before being seen in northern Germany in early November.

No comments: