Friday, April 12, 2024

Offshore 27.03 - 09.04.2024 - Five species in two weeks

 My first offshore trip of the year was a spectacular failure birdwise - probably because I almost didn't get outside. A measly five species in early April means this was quite possibly the worst ever offshore trip I've ever had.

The only identified passerine was a Meadow Pipit heipiplerke just outside the Norwegian 12 nautical mile limit although there was another bird onboard which was probably a Goldcrest fuglekonge.

The time was spent at Gullfaks and Oseberg where all I managed was small numbers of Fulmar havhest (seems to be becoming scarcer and scarcer), Gannets havsule, a Lesser Black-backed Gull sildemåke and a Great Black-backed Gull svartbak

Lesser Black-backed Gull sildemåke






Fulmar havhest

Gannet havsule

Oseberg


Better luck next time I hope.


No comments: