Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Nautnes 17-18 September - Home office birding

Windy and warm with some rain and some sunshine.

Being a birder it is not easy to be stuck inside working in mid September. Having missed most of the spring it feels like autumn is also speeding past with nothing like enough time in the field.

However, at least I get to work from home a fair bit - where I can actually get things done AND occasionally look out of my window.

Meadow Pipit heipiplerke photographed close to my mailbox

Robin rødstrupe - not a bird I bother taking photos of much




Pre-breakfast White-tailed Eagles havørn photographed from my terrace.


White-tailed Eagle havørn have been making the most of the wind to hang around outside the house with three present before breakfast on 17th.





Rather heavily cropped and distant shots of an adult Rose-coloured Starling rosenstær

White Wagtail linerle

On 18th I went outside onto my terrace after dinner to see an adult Rose-coloured Starling rosenstær feeding with a large flock of Starling stær. This is the second time I have seen this species from my house but is the first adult.

No comments: