Friday, May 29, 2020

Øygarden 21-23 May 2020 - Taking it easy

On 21 May we finally completed some painting tasks - though the process was painful on so many levels. Not least to have my back to the sea where flocks of pale-bellied Brent Geese ringgås were heading north.

Just before going up the ladder I took the time to make sure I saw at least some of them:


Brent Geese ringgås heading north past Nautnes

In the afternoon a fishing trip turned up some Common Crossbills grankorsnebb that may well be breeding. Not the most visited of birding localities. Freezer full again:)

UN7 is still around, though he has not been reported very much recently......

I took a few drive-bys on 22nd without seeing anything much of interest, although at least one of the Lapwing vipe pairs in the reserve at Tjeldstø has hatched young running about. A short walk at Hjelme produced the first Swift tårnseiler of the year and a Grey-headed Woodpecker gråspett sang briefly.

House Martin taksvale at Tjeldstø

I did even less on 23 May although I did connect with my first local House Martin taksvale of the year at Tjeldstø where there the long staying Golden Plover heilo flock were still present.



No comments: