Monday, August 17, 2020

Nautnes 13-16 August 2020 Home again

 Extremely tired after another trip offshore and not out birding at all, just relaxing and enjoying a bed that doesn't move and with no engine noise. 

Birds from the terrace included Green Sandpipers skogsnipe and a Spotted Redshank sotsnipe. Good numbers of Redpoll brunsisik, Kestrels tårnfalk seen pretty much wherever I went.

Small flocks of Common Crossbill grankorsnebb, White-tailed Eagles havørn and most of the usual stuff.

In my postbox was a fantastic book: North Atlantic Seabirds, Shearwaters, Jouanin's and White-chinned Petrels. A couple of Scopoli's shearwater pictures I took some years ago were used in the book. Although I have not updated my website for this species there is at least one picture here


The offshore trip provided an opportunity to do some updates to my website, although I still have a few years of pictures to go through:)

No comments: