Saturday, April 25, 2015

Herdlevær 24 April 2015 - Skogsøy f***-up!

Light winds, light cloud cover.

Obviously misjudged the day completely. It did not look like a typical good day for Skogsøy - but it was a BIG mistake to not do Skogsøy today.

As I often try to do whenever I can't make it to Skogsøy I did a "sample" seawatch from Herdlevær after completing various domestic chores.

Between 1300 and 1400 I had a massive 314 Red-throated Diver smålom! This means that had the day been spent at Skogsøy a new county record would probably have been set! I had more in an hour today that in five hours a few days ago. However, the highlight was the first two White-billed Diver gulnebblom of the year.

Common Scoter svartand passage picked up a bit but there was little else to report. At this time of year the early hours tend to produce the action and variety and as the morning wears on it goes over to divers, divers, divers.

No comments: