Sunday, March 04, 2018

Øygarden 04 March 2018 - Supression and Eagle Owl update

The calm and sunny weather continues. Today there was a glimmer of hope for the birds - snow was melting on south facing slopes and one could really feel some warmth in the sun.



Three heavily cropped shots of  Jack Snipe kvartbekkasin.

Today was much the same as yesterday bird-wise with another attempt at feeding some of the hardest hit species. I visited a few places I haven't checked in a very long time as well as visiting a couple of my more regular spots. Today I had tracks of Water Rail vannriske at a locality I haven't seen them at yet this year, Woodock rugde tracks at a few places but only one bird actually seen, Jack Snipe kvartbekkasin tracks at two places (but only one seen) and Snipe enkeltbekkasin tracks all over the place with at least three birds seen.

Elsewhere in Øygarden the first Redshank rødstilk of the year was reported.

I received some sad news today - the Eagle Owl hubro died during the night......such a shame and something of a shock as it seemed relatively fit and healthy apart from the injury to it's left wing.


No comments: