Saturday, January 16, 2021

Herdlevær 14 January 2021 - Slav

 Calm and frozen.

I did my usual round at Herdlevær in between working from home. Best bird was a nice Slavonian Grebe horndykker - a species I have looked for a few times already this year without success. Other sightings of interest were a coupe of Woodcock rugde, a Snipe enkeltbekkasin, a flock of 20 Greylags grågås that looked like they went in for landing in the Breivik/Kollsnes area but were not seen on the way home, a couple of Redwing rødvingetrost and a bunch of other new species for the year for this locality.

Slavonian Grebe horndykker at Herdlevær

Back home a Woodcock rugde gave cracking views from the car at the end of my driveway - it believed itself invisible and did not fly, a Redpoll gråsisik flew over (few and far between this winter) and the Blackbird svarttrost flock showed no signs of diminishing - they are eating me out of house and home at the moment.

Woodcock rugde


No comments: