Thursday, October 05, 2017

Hernar 05 October 2017 - Making the most of the weather :)

Not exactly textbook rarity conditions with strong westerly winds and although it was dry more than it wasn't there was a succession of showers, some of them very heavy. But I'm home and not working and there was no way I was giving up on a chance to be out and about....

Lesser Whitethroat møller


Yellow-browed Warblers gulbrynsanger

All in all a typical early October day with at least two Yellow-browed Warblers gulbrynsanger, a male Common Redstart rødstjert, Lapland Bunting lappspurv, a Lesser Whitethroat møller and Water Rail vannriske as the best birds.

Also Blackcap munk, Chiff-chaff gransanger, over 50 Twite bergirisk, Brambling bjørkefink and most of the usual.

After Hernar I checked Tjeldstø for the gull but found only a female Shoveler skjeand of note.

Back home at Nautnes I got in on the current Parrot Crossbill furukorsnebb influx with four birds seen from my terrace.

No comments: