Saturday, March 19, 2016

Skogsøy 19 March 2016 - Take what you can get.....

Light Northerly winds and overcast.

Had just about time for a little over an hour seawatching - and only by getting up at 0500. Thankfully it is now light enough in the morning.


2cy Great Northern Diver islom


Highlight was a second year Great Northern Diver islom heading north. Had I done what I normally do and check my camera when I get set up I could have had some excellent images. Instead I got these.

All in all a standard mid-March seawatch with 100 Oystercatcher tjeld heading north in the short time I sat there along with small numbers of Eider ærfugl and Merganser siland. A Red-throated Diver smålom seemed to alter course drastically as a White-tailed Eagle havørn headed its way.

Plenty of birdsong on the way out gave a definite so¨spring-like feel to the day.

No comments: