Saturday, September 12, 2009

Øygarden 12 September 2009 - forget the migrants, its not happening today

Eagle Owl hubro




Despite meeting three dejected seawatchers at the Skogsøy car park I still embarked on a futile attempt to see some seabird movement. After an hour or so of mediocre passage I gave up and headed back having seen barely the usual suspects.

Rather than do Herdlevær which was well covered by several other birders I went onto other things - and I'm glad I did.

It is easy to forget there are some good birds about that don't need special weather conditions to bring them within range....

2 comments:

Alan Tilmouth said...

Nice find Jules. Seawatching over here has been merde too.

Jochen said...

Holy Crap!! These are wonderful images of an Eagle Owl! I usually only see them perched high up in a quarry's cliff, dozing the day away and sometimes turning a half-opened eye my way.
Your observation must have been breath-taking!
Thanks for sharing it.