Saturday, July 02, 2022

Øygarden + 19-21 June 2022 - Bumper year for Stonechat

 The new job is proving to be even less conducive for birding that the previous one. REALLY struggling now to get any meaningful time away from a computer.

Stonechat svartstrupe seem to be enjoying a bumper year with several pairs present, a few of which have produced young:)


One of this years Stonechats svartstrupe

....and it's Dad:)

Willow Warbler løvsanger

I saved up any free time I had for a walk on Gullfjell with my daughters in stunning weather on 20 June. Absolute highlight was the third record of Grey Wagtail vintererle at this locality, the previous one being in May this year and the previous record from October 2003 when I found the first one. Other than that it was barely even the usual with a few Ring Ousel ringtrost, a Whichat buskskvett and several Golden Plover heilo in the usual places.

Golden Plover heilo on Gullfjell


On 21 June I was yet again deskbound. Yet another sick Gannet havsule drifted in on the flood tide.

Sadly another bird flu victim. I have been contacted pretty much daily regarding this kind of thing.


No comments: