Friday, January 20, 2017

Blomvåg 19 January 2017 -Triple Trumf Bonus

Fresh WSW, some light drizzle at times,

Dipper fossekall, ISO 5000 and slow shutter speed - see the splash in the water to the right of the image


Better images of the same bird - not a photo one could expect to take on a mild winter's day in Øygarden


Basically not out and about today, although I did go to the shop that is 12 minutes to drive to instead of 6 because I get more bonus on whatever I buy on a Thirsday - the so-called "Trippel trumf torsdag". There is a small lake with a stream running past it right next to this shop so I thought I would check it out - this proved to be a good idea with an unexpected bonus bird in the form of a Dipper fossekall - another local year tick.

Dipper are relatively scarce although regular winter visitors in Øygarden and not really something one can just go and see out here. Had I wanted to take pictures I would have gone somewhere else - like Gullfjell for example.

Spent the rest of the day inside working but picked up a Curlew storspove and a flock of Common Crossbill grankorsnebb from the house in addition to the usual White-tailed Eagle havørn etc.

No comments: