Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Øygarden 08 March 2017 - No Cropping!

Rather more wintery today with a fresh SE breeze and light snowfall from late morning onwards.

Didn't get out in any meaningful way at all today and had to make do with a 15 minute walk with the dog at Nautnes and a couple of drive-bys whilst running errands.

Starling stær outside the house

The day started with the first Starling stær I've seen from the house this year - and as usual I've realised I STILL haven't put some nestboxes up for them as I think I will find time to do every year.

As with the following images this is not cropped! Just shows what cracking views I had of this often difficult to photograph species,





This last shot was taken with my superzoom


Video of the same bird.


Yesterday's Snipe enkeltbekkasin were still present but worryingly were being harassed by a Magpie skjære today.

At Breivik there was a flock of at least 30 Starling stær and a couple of Skylark sanglerke.

Otherwise just a few White-tailed Eagles havørn, Crested Tits toppmeis and many of the usual suspects,

No comments: