Friday, November 08, 2019

Øygarden 03 November 2019 - (Un)Common Buzzard!

Another bright and sunny morning with winds from the east.

Jackdaw kaie

Starlings stær

I did a short check at Herdlevær where Waxwings sidensvans put in an appearance, a late Woodpigeon ringdue headed south and another typical late autumn migrant - Jackdaw kaie - turned up. Otherwise just the usual Redpolls gråsisik, Brambling bjørkefink etc

Roadside Meadow Pipit heipiplerke at Breivik
The vast majority have left the area now

I then stopped at Tjeldstø and started filling petrol. However, I had to abort, grab my camera and take pictures of a Common Buzzard musvåk that came over chased by Hooded Crows kråke and disappeared to the south....A rare bird out in Øygarden and the first I have seen at Tjeldstø.




Common Buzzard musvåk




No comments: