Monday, May 11, 2020

Nautnes 27 April 2020 - The terrace strikes again

Another day of very limited activity with the best sightings coming in the evening from my terrace.

A series of drive-bys during the day resulted in a flock of Golden Plover heilo at Breivik along with a selection of the usual migrants.




Barnacle Geese hvitkinngås passing through the sunset

Greylags grågås with young on the sea in front of my house

Merlin dvergfalk with prey

In the evening an hour or so sitting on my terrace with my scope and a beer or two produced a nice movement of 630 Barnacle Geese hvitkinngås, a Merlin dvergfalk flying over with prey, over 40 Red-throated Diver smålom and some passage of Common Gulls fiskemåke and Eider ærfugl. Just shows that migration can continue until dusk.....

The first Greylag grågås chicks of the year also turned up outside my house. The parents must have sat through some pretty tough conditions to achieve such an early outcome!


No comments: