Monday, June 08, 2020

Skogsøy 02-03 June 2020 - Late season migration

On 03 June I did a couple of hours or so of seawatching from Skogsøy under calm conditions with a light NE breeze.

A Dunlin myrsnipe was the first I have seen in Øygarden this year, a couple of Arctic Skua tyvjo headed north and small numbers of the usual suspects headed north.

A couple of Merlin dvergfalk came over low and fast giving a rather strange call and several Puffin lunde headed south.

On my way back to the car a hunting Kestrel tårnfalk was another year tick.

Meadow Pipit heipiplerke


Not much of note the previous day - although a singing Pied Flycatcher svarthvit fluesnapper was the first I have seen this year. Although a regular migrant it is not a species I see singing very much at the places I tend to cover regularly.

No comments: