Monday, August 14, 2023

Kollsnes/Tjeldstø 26 June 2023 - Another new species for Øygarden

 As usual I was at home in front of the computer but a call regarding a potential RUDDY SHELDUCK RUSTAND had me out of the house before I knew it.

A few minutes later I was on the bird and it was a case of trying to document that it was not an escaped "park bird". It was very shy and flighty and had no "bling" on its legs. I had less time than I thought and did not make it home before the next inevitable Teams meeting.

Therefore I opted to do the meeting whilst parked next to Husvatnet. This turned out to be a big win for the town's twitchers who had, as usual, headed out to get the bird. It had disappeared from Kollsnes but as I sat in the meeting I saw it fly in and land at Tjeldstø - much to the relief of the twitchers who had driven an hour or so:)

Two new species for Øygarden in as many days is no bad going, Especially given that at no point was I actually out birding:)

One leg free of "bling"

Both legs free of "bling"

On arrival at Tjeldstø




No comments: