Normally when I am in Oslo I manage to get out at least a few times.
During this visit I made it out just the once - somewhat predictably to Gressholmen. There was a nice variety of birds to be seen without anything special. Waders included a Greenshank gluttsnipe and a Redshank rødstilk. Other stuff included a Sparrowhawk spurvehauk and a Great Spotted Woodpecker flaggspett - likely to be a migrant / dispersing bird as I think this was the first I've recorded on the island this year.
During the first few days there were still plenty of Swifts tårnseiler flying around and "screaming" over the house. At some point they vanished so have no doubt now departed until next year.
Common Gull fiskemåke
A lot of the gulls in Oslo carry bling.
A birder's Pavlovian response is to note the number and enter the details online.
Unfortunately this was as uninteresting as most I report from Oslo - it has essentially only been recorded from Oslo.
Greenshank gluttsnipe
Redshank rødstilk



No comments:
Post a Comment