Sunday, January 10, 2016

Harkestad-Alvheim 10 January 2016 - Flu (almost) stops play day 2

Slightly warmer with some snow today.

Spent the majority of the day on the sofa in a vegetative state apart from a brief drive to the petrol station to buy some Coca Cola - a drink I normally despise but with both me and my youngest suffering from dehydration it was the necessary medicine.

Tundra Bean Goose sædgås

Albifrons Whitefronts tundragås


Not always easy to see - here hiding in long grass

Of course a drive to the shop is not often just a drive to the shop. On the way there I stopped at Harkestad where I was rewarded with four albifrons White-fronted Geese tundragås and a Tundra (rossicus) Bean Goose sædgås - always good birds to see and especially welcome today. It was so dark that I used ISO values I didn't know I had - something approaching about 100000 I think.

Dipper fossekall - not normally an easy species in Øygarden


The way home was just about as good with Water Rail vannrikse and Dipper fossekall at Alvheim.


No comments: