Sunday, March 15, 2020

Sture / Hatten 14 March 2020 - Two more new migrants

Today I had to spend most of the morning driving to the shops - my woodpile is now all but finished and I still need the fire on most evenings. Terrible prioritising keeping my daughters warm instead of birding I know.

The first Ringed Plover sandlo of the year.

A short drive out in the afternoon showed that one of the local breeding Ringed Plovers sandlo had returned - pretty much the usual arrival date. I also heard of another new arrival and went to check out a Song Thrush måltrost.

Common Scoter svartand from the terrace

Mallard stokkand

Other than that just a couple of Common Scoter svartand from my terrace, where I also had Curlew storspove, the Oystercatcher tjeld pair and a couple of White-tailed Eagles havørn.

Still plenty of Redpoll gråsisik and Brambling bjørkefink around.


No comments: