Friday, November 12, 2021

Herdlevær 12 November 2021 - Goshawk

Light E breeze with more or less clear skies.

My usual round at Herdlevær was generally quieter than of late, but far from dead. Small numbers of Redwing rødvingetrost, Brambling bjørkefink and Siskin grønnsisik were signs of continuing migration. 

A first year Goshawk hønsehauk flew over accompanied by a flock of 20 Hooded Crows kråke.


First year Goshawk hønsehauk


Shag toppskarv

Cormorant storskarv

Otter oter

Coffee and sandwiches produced a couple of Red-throated Diver smålom and small numbers of seaduck. Frustratingly an aythya duck heading south went unidentified, though I did get a Scaup bergand vibe.

I had to be at home to let the plumbers in to change my boiler so I changed my tyres over to winter despite the fact that winter still seems a fair way off.

Other birds included eight Greylags grågås heading south over Tjeldstø where there were also two Teal krikkand and an interesting medium sized raptor that disappeared whilst I was setting my scope up.

No comments: