Saturday, January 29, 2022

Øygarden 21-27 January 2022 -

 Mostly good weather without storms or rain.

Unfortunately very little real birding due to work, UDI etc

On 21 January I picked up the first Purple Sandpipers fjæreplytt of the year from my terrace. 

On 22nd I had a quick look at Hjelme Vest but the visibility was poor and I saw almost nothing. So I went fishing instead; fishing went a lot better and I filled my freezer with cod fillets. Five different fish species landed - more on this at some later date as I now suspect I have misidentified the commonest flatfish I catch out here for some time.....meaning that I have probably landed specimen quality fish.

I managed a couple of hours at Herdlevær on 23 January. A few new species for Herdlevær this year were picked up including a few Purple Sands and a Goshawk hønsehauk. On the way home I picked up four Curlew storspove at Solberg.

On 25 January I did a lightening visit to Hjelme vest. Not much going on here again with just a Great Northern Diver islom, several White-tailed Eagle havørn, around 30 Long-tailed Duck havelle and a lone Curlew storspove seen. 

Other than that some indication of a Starling stær influx with up to 10 at Tjeldstø.


No comments: