Thursday, October 24, 2019

Engerdal 12-14 October 2019 - Getting away from the rarities

Another attempt to avoid the rarities - I fled east again to escape the rarity pressure  - and avoid the inevitable few days of rarity reports before the February deadline next year😀

Although there were obviously less birds about that my recent visit it was still a pleasure to bird the area - possibly one of the few places left that can be still called wilderness. I even managed to find yet another promising locality for further investigation next year.....

Waxwing sidensvans were particularly obvious, I picked up a cracking roadside Hawk Owl haukugle and even managed a new species for the municipality (at according to artsobs) - Goldfinch stillits along with a few more Engerdal year ticks.

I even left my real camera at home  - only taking my point and pray superzoom with an almost flat battery. Less time spent downloading images = happier birder!

So just a few pics and a couple of short videos.

Waxwings sidensvans feeding on the neighbours redcurrants....


Roadside Hawkie.....



Hawk Owl haukugle

Røksdalskanppen. I'll be back!
This photo in no way does justice to the actual view. Stunning is too small a word!

Galtsjøen with Sølen in the background






A nice result.

No comments: