Thursday, October 24, 2019

Herdlevær 08-09 October 2019 - Pallas's Warbler

On 08 October I did my usual round without seeing much out of the ordinary, just a Yellow-browed Warbler gulbrynsanger and a selection of the usual migrants. However, I did hear what I thought was a Pallas's Warbler fuglekongesanger call once and with some patience glimpsed what was obviously an interesting phylloscopus. However, with the autumn half term and logging activities back home I had to give up and go home.

The following morning I ditched my usual walk and went straight to where I had the phyllosc. Relatively quickly I confirmed the ID and put the message out. However, I still had no documentation. It took a couple more hours before I managed this. And then it was back to chainsaw & axe therapy in my garden....

During the half term a couple of days were spent dealing with the last of the Sitka Spruce that obstructed the view of the sea.....the evening view now looks like this😊





Pallas's Warbler fuglekongesanger - the second for Øygarden and the second I have found in the same place! This bird was the first in Norway foer 2019




Chiff-chaff gransanger at Herdlevær

Four roadside Snipe enkeltbekkasin at Hatten

This one looked rather brighter and more rufous than the others


Snipe enkeltbekkasin at Hatten





No comments: